Four Sources of Happiness and Mise
Sa’d Bin Abi Waqqas (رضي الله عنه) reported that Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) said:
“There are four sources of happiness and four sources of misery. Among the sources of happiness are:
1) A good wife who pleases you when you look at her; and when you are away from her, you trust her in regard to herself and your property.
2) An easy ride that enables you to catch up with your companions.
3) A house that is spacious and of many facilities.
4) A good neighbor.
And among the sources of misery are:
1) An evil wife who dismays you when you look at her, who uses her tongue against you, and who, when you are away from her, you would not trust her in regard to herself or your property.
2) A stubborn ride that if you whip it would tire you, and if you leave it alone you would not be able to catch up with your companions.
3) A tight house of limited facilities.
4) An evil neighbor.
[Recorded by al-Hakim. Verified to be hasan by al-Albani (as-Sahihah no. 1047 & Sahih ul-Jami no. 3056). The fourth item in this hadith has been combined from another report recorded by Ibn Hibban, al-Khatib, and others, and verified to be authentic by al-Albani (as-Sahihah no. 282 & Sahih ul-Jami no. 887). A shorter form of this hadith is recorded by at-Tayalisi and verified to be hasan by al-Albani (as-Sahihah no. 1803 & Sahih ul-Jami no. 3629)]
Originally posted on Tue _23 _August _2022AH 23-8-2022AD @ 6:47 pm