“A Solution For Low Imaan””””””””
Do you feel when you pray you cannot concentrate, You don’t feel like praying or reading Qur’an? Or that when you do read Qur’an, you do so without concentration? well believe me you’re not alone! We all go through these ups and downs phases, there are many reasons to that and once we know them we can help ourselves stay in the higher phase of Imaan most of the time, when you feel your Imaan is getting weaker make sure you do the following..
1. Go back and recall what you’ve been doing in the past few days, weeks? May be gossiped or watched too much T.V. and delayed your prayers or did not wake up to pray fajr or you are not giving sadaqa when you have the means to do so…etc. Every time you do something which Allah doesn’t approve of, your heart gets covered witha layer which thickens with time until it weakens your Imaan.
The Messenger of Allah( ﷺ ) said: “Verily, when the slave (of Allah) commits a sin, a black spot appears on his heart. When he refrains from it, seeks forgiveness and repents, his heart is polished clean. But if he returns, it increases until it covers his entire heart. And that is the ‘Ran’ which Allah mentioned: ‘Nay, but on their hearts is the Ran which they used to earn.”” (Tirmidhi 3334) So Repent..
2. Sit down peacefully and recall Allah’s blessings on you…..your health, your children, your education, your rizq, you being a Muslim, you being in a better situation than millions, you being in a safe home instead of the street, you being warm instead of cold, you being able to pay sadaqa, you not needing to beg others for rizq and many many blessings which ALLAH granted you and is granting you every single day. Imagine life without your loved ones, imagine life without your sight, imagine life with a serious disease, and imagine life without guidance and without Islam. This should help you appreciate and say Alhamdulillah and see the nea’mah of ALLAH on you which will help you focus more and worship with appreciation.
3. Sit down and picture your death, lay down on the floor and close your eyes and imagine them preparing you for your Janazah, undressing you, moving you from one side to the other washing you and there is nothing you can do, you can’t even cover yourself and your awrah, they have to do that instead…. Completely helpless, the body you strived to cover all your life is being exposed. The clothes you are wearing which was once yours is not yours anymore and those shoes that used to be yours but is no longer yours anymore, nothing is yours any more. You left all your belongings at home, your family are still with you but as soon as they place you in the grave you are alone. alone with just your deeds, just your sadaqa, just your prayer, just your Dhikr. You moved from the phase of A’mal (work) and no hissab (Judgment) to the phase of hissab and no A’mal.
4. Wake up at night just 35 mins to one hour before fajr, it is the time when ALLAH Subhanahu wa Ta’ala comes to the first heavens and calls as related in the following hadith and ayah of in Quran:
Abu Hurairah reports that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “Our Lord Descends to the lowest heaven during the last third of the night, inquiring: “Who will call on Me so that I may respond to him? Who is asking something of Me so I may give it to him? Who is asking for My forgiveness so I may forgive him?”[ Bukhari and Muslim.]
And during a part of the night, pray TAHAJUDD beyond what is incumbent on you; maybe your Lord will raise you to a position of great glory.” [ Al-Isra’ 17:79 ] Subhan’ALLAH, so wake up and pray and talk to him, tell him how you feel…tell him ya Allah my heart is becoming so hard…..my Imaan is going down. Do Isthighfaar at that time so ALLAH can lift those layers which are weakening your Imaan,. Just few minutes earlier than the time you always wake up and you get tons of ajr and maghfirah. Subhan’ALLAH how can we let such a golden opportunity go to waste, how can we waste that time in sleeping,
5. Search the net (YouTube is full of beautiful lectures from different Sheikhs) or better yet, find a book and read about Islam, Imaan, and Ihsaan, or anything that will help you scrap those hard layers from your heart. Don’t just sit and feel bad about it, strive to better yourself and Allah will always open a door for you. Imaan is like a scale it increases and decreases based on our daily deeds. It’s a constant battle but if you follow these techniques you will always be the winner In sha ALLAH. Don’t listen to the Shaitaan when he comes to you and tells you: you have been bad, how can you dare ask ALLAH for anything, you have no right to do so….!!! That is his way to keep you away from Du’a and from ALLAH.
He plays with you the game of guilt so you stop talking to ALLAH Subhanahu wa Ta’Ala and you stay away under the reason of guilt. Don’t give him a chance. Go back to Allah and ask him for what ever your heart desires.
May ALLAH (swt) guide us and keep us on the path of Imaan until our last breath.