Flirting is ageless; you have the license to do it whether you’re 20 or 60. You need to know how to flirt in order to navigate the mature dating scene. Done right, it is a harmless and easy way to spark that special someone’s interest and make him or her want to know you a bit more. Here are some flirting tips to use on other mature daters you have just met. Do these and you’re guaranteed to get a second date:
1. Use your hands. The key to successful flirting is breaking the “touch barrier.” By initiating physical contact, you let the other person know that you are interested.
Be subtle but playful. Touch your date’s knee or arm while you make a point, for example. You can also let your knees touch subtly under the table. Don’t make the mistake of grabbing or lingering too long. Think short and subtle moves.
2. Laugh together. Reacting positively to your date’s jokes and funny stories is a big part of flirting. Aside from laughing, you can also show your interest by asking, “Really?” or saying “Wow.” Don’t fake it, though. If you’re truly not interested, there’s no need to try and appear like you are. Your boredom will show through.
3. Pay him/her compliments. Both men and women love to receive genuine compliments. If you think your date looks good, say it. Give your date a sincere compliment about his or her physical appearance. This implies an immediate attraction, and gets the date going to the direction you want it to go.
4. Say your date’s name. Consciously repeat his or her name to subtlety reveal your willingness to create a more intimate connection.
5. Body language. Your non verbal movements say more about how you feel than your words do. How genuine interest by “opening up” your body towards your date. Don’t cross your arms across your chest, for example. When talking, face your date directly.
Another way to show your interest is “mirroring.” If your partner leans in to talk or rests his or her elbows on the table, for example, you should do the same. Duplicating your date’s actions is a good way to show that you are in-synch.
6. Look nice. A date is not the time and place to wear your jogging pants. Be sure to dress a little bit more nicely than you usually do, even if you’re just going out for a walk or for coffee. Don’t make the mistake of trying to “dress young,” though, or you will just look older. Accept that you are already in the mature dating scene and that you need to wear age appropriate clothing. Torn jeans and a rock t-shirt will probably just turn off your date. Wear something nice even for a casual lunch date. For men, a good fitting collared shirt and flattering jeans (with no holes in them) should do the trick. Older women look good in A-line skirts and flattering tops. Make sure you smell nice, too.[ad_2]
Source by Emily Park