WARNING! WARNING!! WARNING!!!
THE USE OF HIJAB IN LAGOS SCHOOLS!
Good morning to everyone in the house. It has come to the notice of ANCOPSS that some principals have come up again to cause trouble on the issue of Hijab.
Please, note the following:
1. The issue of the use of Hijab is a very sensitive issue in Lagos State
3. The Lagos State Government is so sensitive about the matter
4. Please, note very strongly that NO PRINCIPAL , repeat, NO PRINCIPAL has any right or power over any Student on the TYPE, COLOUR, MODEL OF OR HOW TO USE THE HIJAB
5. This issue generated a lot of furrow about 2 to 3 years ago.
6. No one should bring up the matter again in Lagos State.
7. ANCOPSS, Lagos State will not stand for any principal found wanton over the matter.
8 . Such a principal should be ready to face the music alone.
The President once represented the State Commissioner for Education at a virtual meeting over the issue of Hijab and the Honourable Commissioner informed the President that she should warn all the principals in the State to be very careful about the issue else, any Principal caught trying to be ‘holier than thou’ will definitely face the music alone.
‘ To you is your religion and to me is my religion’
Let us be very careful.
It is necessary at this period that Zonal Chairmen should organise special talks for all Principals in their various Zones to sensitise them over the matter.
Please, place this on all Zonal platforms and other platforms that need to be aware of this.
Also, principals are to warn their teachers seriously to be careful and not see themselves as the saviours of souls at the detriment of their daily job.
Note that we are only employed to impart knowledge on and teach the students morals and not preach any gospel.
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!!!
PLEASE, WATCH OUT.
ANCOPSS, Lagos State.